Wise words from an incredible leader
For over 6 years I had the pleasure of working closely with an incredible person, one of the smartest yet most humble, fun-loving leader I’ve met. Her genuine guidance and support has helped me grow immensely professionally. As she turns over a new leaf, she signed off one last time as MD and CEO of Clarius Group, sharing the most important things she’s learnt over her 18 year journey.
These wise words are too good to be confined to the walls of Clarius, I hope you too will find benefit and strength in these:
- Good people win – always!
- Bad people lose – always!
- Your worst day at work won’t be anywhere near your worst day in life, so put it in perspective
- It’s ok to laugh when circumstances suggest that you should be crying
- There is no such thing as a moral dilemma – there is just right, and there is wrong
- If you take yourself too seriously no one else will
- It’s people who keep the world turning – not money or power
- If you change who you are to do a job, you are in the wrong job
- Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it
- You have to love what you do, and when you stop loving it, you have to stop doing it
- Never let your ambition be greater than your capability
- Always play with a straight bat
- Take control of your fear before it takes control of you
- Courage doesn’t always roar
- Most of all, I learned that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people never forget the way you make them feel.
– Kym Quick
Kym Quick, most recently the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Clarius Group Limited (ASX:CND) has over 20 years of experience in the recruitment industry. Prior to recruitment, Kym was an accountant with KPMG and subsequently Ansett and Rothmans of Pall Mall.